Online Call to Artists
Begins: Monday, January 24, 2022 Closes: Monday, March 21, 2022, at midnight
Notification of artists (by email from Online Juried Shows): Monday, March 28.
- Paint dates: Monday, July 25, through Thursday, July 28, 4:00 p.m. deadline.
- First day meet and greet: Monday July 25, 8:00 a.m., at location TBD in Hood River, OR.
- Drop Off Work: Thursday July 28, 4:00 p.m. Work should be dropped off at location TBD in the Mary & Bruce Stevenson Wing at Maryhill Museum of Art. Access is at the end of the museum’s service road (just west of the public entrance road). A map will be provided.
- COVID permitting, an informal artist social/deadline celebration for artists: Thursday, July 28, after 4:00 p.m. in Maryhill Museum’s café or outdoor plaza.
- COVID permitting, an opening reception will occur on Saturday, July 30, 5:00–7:00 p.m.
- Show exhibit dates: Sunday, July 31–Saturday, August 27, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. daily.
- Pick up work: Sunday, August 28, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., in the M.J. Murdoch Charitable Trust Education Center at Maryhill Museum of Art.
Suggested Paint Out LOCATIONS:
We are making “suggested locations” for painting because The Columbia River Gorge is such a varied, vast area. Also, the weather is incredibly changeable in The Columbia River Gorge, so be prepared for anything! We hope you find this information inspiring and helpful in deciding where to paint. Talk to other painters and exchange mobile numbers to track each other down for group painting locations depending on the weather and time of day, or try using the app Waze. We know you will find your own path of inspiration and follow it.
Maryhill State Park*
Horsethief State Park*
Chamberlain Lake Rest Area
Maryhill Village (below Maryhill Museum on Maryhill Hwy, Goldendale, WA
* day use pass may be required
Stevenson WA Area, Mid Gorge
Stevenson, WA, Pebble Beach: http://www.portofskamania.org/pebbleBeach.htm
Stevenson Boat Ramp Park: http://www.portofskamania.org/cascadeBoatRamp.htm
Skamania County Fairgrounds: http://www.skamaniacounty.org/…/skamania-county-fairgrounds/
Hood River OR Area and Mt Hood
Hood River Waterfront, Hood River Marina and The Hook (2 maps)
Mayer State Park (14.5 mi from Hood River OR) (day use fee area on the East Side)
Parkdale/Mt Hood and Hutson Museum (13mi from Hood River, OR)
(Photos by ©David Burbach)