Artist Calendar 2022-2023
- Paint dates: Monday, April 24, through Thursday, April 27, 4:00 p.m. deadline.
- First day meet and greet: Monday April 24, 8:00 a.m., on the Hood River waterfront.
- Drop Off Work: Thursday April 27, 4:00 p.m. Work should be dropped off in the Mary & Bruce Stevenson Wing at Maryhill Museum of Art. A map will be provided.
- Informal artist social/deadline celebration for artists: Thursday, April 27, after 4:00 p.m. in Maryhill Museum’s café or outdoor plaza.
- Show exhibit dates: Sunday, April 30–Monday, May 29, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. daily.
- Pick up work: Tuesday, May 30, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., in the M.J. Murdoch Charitable Trust Education Center at Maryhill Museum of Art.
Juror Workshop: Lori Putnam, https://loriputnam.com/
Friday, April 28, 2023, at a location TBD (details forthcoming).
Suggested Paint Out LOCATIONS:
We are making “suggested locations” for painting because The Columbia River Gorge is such a varied, vast area. Also, the weather is incredibly changeable in The Columbia River Gorge, so be prepared for anything! We hope you find this information inspiring and helpful in deciding where to paint. Talk to other painters and exchange mobile numbers to track each other down for group painting locations depending on the weather and time of day, or try using the app Waze. We know you will find your own path of inspiration and follow it.
Maryhill State Park*
Horsethief State Park*
Chamberlain Lake Rest Area
Maryhill Village (below Maryhill Museum on Maryhill Hwy, Goldendale, WA
* day use pass may be required
Stevenson WA Area, Mid Gorge
Stevenson, WA, Pebble Beach: http://www.portofskamania.org/pebbleBeach.htm
Stevenson Boat Ramp Park: http://www.portofskamania.org/cascadeBoatRamp.htm
Skamania County Fairgrounds: http://www.skamaniacounty.org/…/skamania-county-fairgrounds/
Hood River OR Area and Mt Hood
Hood River Waterfront, Hood River Marina and The Hook (2 maps)
Mayer State Park (14.5 mi from Hood River OR) (day use fee area on the East Side)
Parkdale/Mt Hood and Hutson Museum (13mi from Hood River, OR)
Local Adventurer recommended hikes (wildflowers) https://localadventurer.com/best-hikes-pacific-northwest-wildflowers/
(Photos by ©David Burbach)